As the world returns to travel, Hilton continues to make the health and safety of our guests and team members a top priority. The Hilton CleanStay program delivers an industry-defining standard of cleanliness across Hilton’s family of brands globally to give our guests peace of mind from check-in to check-out.
Hilton CleanStay was created in collaboration with expert partner Reckitt, maker of Lysol and Dettol, utilizing elevated cleaning procedures with the same products guests know and trust in their own homes*.
As guests continue to travel, Hilton CleanStay will be adapted around the world to reflect local guidelines and best practices. Additional key elements of Hilton CleanStay include**:
- In addition to Hilton’s existing protocols, with Hilton CleanStay, guest room cleaning prior to check-in includes a special focus on high touch areas, including light switches, door handles and remotes.
- Hilton’s hotels provide an increased frequency of cleaning in public spaces including disinfecting high touch areas, including elevator buttons and common area restrooms.
- Guests will have access to hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes in hotel lobbies.
- Guests at any of Hilton’s 18 brands have the opportunity to tailor their housekeeping experience to their individual comfort level.
- In the U.S., most Hilton properties are implementing a flexible housekeeping policy, with full deep cleanings prior to check-in and daily housekeeping services available upon request.
- Guests visiting Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, LXR Hotels & Resorts and Conrad Hotels & Resorts, as well as hotels in some regions around the world, will receive daily housekeeping, but have the flexibility to tailor to their comfort level.
- Guests can utilize the contactless arrival experience through the Hilton Honors app, where available. Digital Check-In and Digital Key allow travelers to check-in, select their room and bypass the front desk and unlock their door with their device.
"At its core, I think hospitality is about welcoming guests and anticipating their needs, cleanliness being one of those most important factors. That’s why Hilton CleanStay is a program that will continue to evolve over time, as more people start getting out and traveling.”
– Phil Cordell, senior vice president, brand development
Learn more about Hilton CleanStay at Hilton.com/CleanStay
*While Lysol and Dettol are the most prominently used products in countries where Hilton has properties, other Reckitt brands may also be used, including Sagrotan in Germany, Napisan in Italy and Muse in Japan.
**As guests begin to travel again, we expect some elements to vary by region.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 18 world-class brands comprising nearly 6,900 properties and nearly 1.1 million rooms, in 122 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its founding vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, Hilton has welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its more than 100-year history, earned a top spot on Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For list and been recognized as a global leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices for five consecutive years. Hilton has introduced several industry-leading technology enhancements to improve the guest experience, including Digital Key Share, automated complimentary room upgrades and the ability to book confirmed connecting rooms. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, the nearly 133 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can't buy. With the free Hilton Honors app, guests can book their stay, select their room, check in, unlock their door with a Digital Key and check out, all from their smartphone. Visit stories.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
About Hilton Honors
Hilton Honors is the award-winning guest loyalty program for Hilton’s 18 world-class brands comprising nearly 6,900 properties in 122 countries and territories. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose nearly any combination of Points and money to book a stay, an exclusive member discount and free standard Wi-Fi. Members also have access to contactless technology exclusively through the industry-leading Hilton Honors app, where members can check in, choose their room and access their room using Digital Key. Hilton Honors offers its nearly 133 million members hundreds of ways to earn and redeem Points, including with select co-branded credit cards. Members can redeem Points for free nights, purchases on Amazon, exclusive experiences, charitable contributions and more. The program is free to join and travelers can enroll online at hiltonhonors.com. Learn more about Hilton Honors at stories.hilton.com/hiltonhonors, and follow Hilton Honors on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.