DoubleTree by Hilton is famous for its proud tradition of greeting guests with its signature, warm DoubleTree chocolate chip cookie at check-in, symbolizing a warm welcome and comfortable stay.
It All Starts With The Warm DoubleTree Cookie
The simple gesture of offering a warm DoubleTree Cookie at check-in has become synonymous with the brand's commitment to providing guests with a warm welcome and unforgettable stay. For more than 30 years, the warm DoubleTree Cookie has played a starring role in differentiating our brand's hospitality from the competition.
From 2017 to 2019, the brand introduced an annual Cook(ie) Book around National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day (Aug. 4), that featured DoubleTree chocolate chip cookie-inspired recipes from its hotels around the world.
Mission: Cookie is a space-inspired recipe book filled with more than 30 creative recipes from DoubleTree by Hilton hotels around the world that incorporate the brand’s beloved chocolate chip cookie.
Featuring 29 recipes from around the world that all start with a singular key ingredient—the DoubleTree Cookie.
Celebrating 500 hotels, DoubleTree by Hilton served up its first-ever global cookbook in 2017.
Nibble on some numbers
We’d never sugar-coat the figures. Here are the numbers behind the sweet treats that everyone loves…
- 483 million DoubleTree chocolate chip cookies have been given out to date
- 30 million DoubleTree chocolate chip cookies are consumed each year
- 1.2 million pounds of chocolate chips are used each year to bake DoubleTree chocolate chip cookies
- 30 chocolate chips are found in an average DoubleTree chocolate chip cookie
- 2 ounces is the approximate weight of each DoubleTree chocolate chip cookie
- More than 615 DoubleTree by Hilton hotels in 50 countries and territories are serving the DoubleTree chocolate chip cookie to guests
Baked to perfection: a timeline of success
DoubleTree by Hilton didn’t invent the chocolate chip cookie — the brand just perfected it. Here’s how and when…
- 1986: DoubleTree by Hilton introduced the signature cookie amenity to guests as a way to build brand loyalty through a nightly turn-down service.
- 1995: The warm DoubleTree chocolate chip cookie was transferred to front desks, illustrating and reiterating the brand’s warm welcome.
- 2017: DoubleTree by Hilton introduced an annual Cook(ie) Book around National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day (Aug. 4) that featured DoubleTree chocolate chip cookie-inspired recipes from its hotels around the world, beginning with We Have Cookies.
- 2018: The second Cook(ie) Book, Start with Cookies, was released.
- 2019: The DoubleTree chocolate chip cookie became the first food baked in space inside a prototype oven designed to make long-duration space travel more hospitable. Also, the third Cook(ie) Book, Mission: Cookie, was released.
- 2020: DoubleTree by Hilton shared the official bake-at-home recipe for the brand’s beloved and delicious DoubleTree chocolate chip cookie, so at-home bakers could create the warm and comforting treat in their own kitchens.
Did you know? Tins of pre-baked cookies are also available for a thoughtful gift.
About DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubleTree by Hilton is a fast-growing, global portfolio of 660 hotels with more than 150,000 rooms across 51 countries and territories. For more than 50 years, DoubleTree by Hilton has continued to be a symbol of comfort for business and leisure travelers around the world, from welcoming guests with its signature, warm DoubleTree chocolate chip cookie, to serving the local community. DoubleTree by Hilton offers contemporary accommodations and amenities, including unique food and beverage experiences, state-of-the-art fitness offerings and meetings and events spaces. Experience a positive stay at DoubleTree by Hilton by booking at doubletree.com or through the industry-leading Hilton Honors app. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits. Learn more about DoubleTree by Hilton at stories.hilton.com/doubletree, and follow the brand on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.