Fall has returned and so have the delicious seasonal flavors that surge in popularity this time of year. When it comes to autumn cocktails, there’s something to suit everyone’s taste, whether it's pumpkin spice, apple, maple, or cinnamon.
We’ve harvested a variety of autumn-themed drink recipes from Hilton mixologists, ranging from a Pumpkin Pie Martini to an Autumn Old Fashioned. Read on for where you can find each cocktail and expert tips for how to make them at home.
Pumpkin Pie Martini
If you’re a fan of pumpkin pie, you’ll love the Pumpkin Pie Martini available in TASTE Restaurant at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa Downtown Convention Center. Available until Nov. 15, the drink combines pumpkin pie syrup with fresh ingredients and locally distilled liquor to create a tasty seasonal cocktail.
- 2 oz Siesta Key Spiced Rum
- 0.5 oz heavy cream
- 1 oz pumpkin pie syrup
- Graham cracker crumbs for garnish
- Rim coupe glass with graham cracker crumbs.
- Add all ingredients to a shaker.
- Shake, strain and pour into glass.
Fall of Man
Served at Galley Restaurant at Hilton West Palm Beach from September through February, the Fall of Man perfectly blends the sweet and tart contrast of Red Delicious and Granny Smith apples. “This is by far one of my all-time favorite cocktail creations. The quality and complexity of the drink come from the house-made apple butter. The caramel and citrus notes work as bridges to break up the dense flavors of the apple butter,” said Nathanial Cornell, bartender, Hilton West Palm Beach and creator of the drink. “For a sweeter cocktail, use traditional Hennessy. For a more tart cocktail, infuse the Hennessy with Granny Smith apples,” Cornell added.
- 1.5 oz Granny Smith-infused Hennessy
- 0.75 oz apple butter
- 0.25 oz grapefruit juice
- 0.25 oz lemon juice
- 0.25 oz caramel syrup
- dehydrated cinnamon-dusted apple slice for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker.
- Add ice and shake vigorously
- Strain through a double mesh strainer for a smooth consistency into a coupe glass.
- Float the dehydrated apple on top of the cocktail.
Granny Smith Infused Hennessy
· 1L Hennessy
· 4 Granny Smith Apples
1. Core and dice apples into small cubes.
2. Soak Hennessy with apples in a sealed container for two days. Keep in a cool dark environment.
3. Strain out apples with a double mesh strainer and tea bag filter for best results.
House-made Apple Butter
· 2 lbs red apples
· 2 lbs green apples
· 0.5 cup apple cider vinegar
· 3 allspice berries (crushed)
· 2 cinnamon sticks (finely crushed)
· 1 two-inch piece of ginger (peeled, chopped)
· 1 star anise pod (leaf)
· 1.25 cup granulated sugar
· 1 cup light brown sugar
· 1 pinch of salt
· 4 cups of water
1. Peel all the apples, save for later.
2. Core and dice the apples into ¾ in cubes.
3. Combine diced apples, vinegar, sugar, and water into a pot. Wrap apple peels and spices in cheesecloth and soak in with other ingredients.
4. Cook over medium-high heat until simmering. Reduce to medium-low heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until the apples are completely softened and the liquid has reduced by half.
5. Remove the cheesecloth from the pot. Blend the apple mixture until it reaches a smooth consistency.
6. Cook on medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is thick, glossy and a deep golden brown (somewhere between honey and molasses).
Le Lune de miel | The Honeymoon
Le Lune de miel | The Honeymoon will be available on the fall and winter menu at CABU Restaurant at Hilton Québec. The drink features whiskey, lemon juice, sparkling apple mist, and honey simple syrup made with honey from bees on the roof of the hotel. Dominic Nadeau-Joannette, manager, CABU Restaurant, describes the drink as “simple, sweet and cozy, as a honeymoon should be.”
- 1.5 oz Wild North Rye Whiskey
- 0.5 oz honey simple syrup
- 0.5 oz lemon juice
- 4 oz St. Nicholas sparkling apple mist
- In a shaker, combine whiskey, honey simple syrup and lemon juice and shake.
- Strain and pour the contents of the shaker into an old-fashioned glass with a scoop of ice.
- Add the apple mist.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick and a dehydrated apple.
Spiced Apple Cocktail
Guests at Hilton Americas-Houston can find the Spiced Apple Cocktail on the menu at the Lobby Bar all season long. “Our spiced apple cocktail is ‘fall in a cocktail’ with flavors of apple, cinnamon & maple,” said Jennifer Scott, food & beverage manager, Hilton Americas-Houston.
- 1.25 oz Fireball
- 0.75 oz Monin Maple Spice
- dash of walnut bitters
- 2.5 oz apple juice
- raw sugar for garnish
- whole cinnamon stick for garnish
- Add all ingredients into a cocktail shaker.
- Vigorously shake.
- Pour into a rocks glass and garnish with raw sugar rim and whole cinnamon stick.
Apple Citrus Whisky Sour
The Apple Citrus Whisky Sour can be found at the lobby bar and restaurants at Hilton Vallarta Riviera All-Inclusive Resort throughout the fall. “This cocktail offers an all-time classic with a special twist for the autumn season, making it still a fresh option for the warm fall that can be enjoyed at Puerto Vallarta, featuring ingredients that can be paired with any occasion,” said Ricardo Venancio, bartender, Hilton Vallarta Riviera All-Inclusive Resort.
- 1.5 oz bourbon
- 1 oz apple cider
- 0.5 oz orange juice
- 0.5 oz fresh lemon juice
- 0.5 oz simple syrup
- rosemary for garnish
- dried grapefruit or orange slices for garnish
- raspberries for garnish
- Add all ingredients into a cocktail shaker with no ice.
- Shake for about 30 seconds.
- Pour into an old-fashioned glass with ice.
- Garnish with a slice of dried grapefruit or orange, a single raspberry and smoked rosemary for extra scent.
Autumn Breeze Martini
Guests can find the Autumn Breeze Martini in Azulinda’s Lobby Bar at Hilton Cancun, An All-Inclusive Resort throughout October. “We mixed warm autumn flavors with a Mexican Caribbean touch to create our Autumn Breeze Martini,” said Doriluz Hernández, bar manager, Azulinda’s Lobby Bar.
- 1.5 oz cinnamon-infused bourbon
- 1 oz Carnation milk
- 0.5 oz toasted marshmallow syrup
- 1.5 oz apple juice
- 0.25 oz amaretto
- 1 dash coffee liqueur
- 1 dash cinnamon powder
- 1 cinnamon stick with gold leaf for garnish
- 2 pansy flowers and 1 viola flower for garnish
- 1 dehydrated apple for garnish
- Add the cinnamon-infused bourbon, Carnation milk, toasted marshmallow syrup and apple juice to a mixing glass filled with ice and stir until well-chilled.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Add amaretto, coffee liqueur and cinnamon powder.
- Garnish with pansy & viola flowers, dehydrated apple and one cinnamon stick with gold leaf.
Autumn Old Fashioned
The classic old fashioned gets a spicy twist with the Autumn Old Fashioned at Hilton Austin. Available this fall, the drink combines bourbon, cinnamon-infused sweet vermouth, cherry & vanilla bitters and more.
- 2 oz Woodford Bourbon
- 2 dashes cherry and vanilla bitters
- 0.25 oz lemon, star anise and clove syrup
- 0.5 oz cinnamon-infused sweet vermouth
- large ice cube
- Luxardo cherry, fresh cut orange, flamed orange zest and rosemary for garnish
- Pour all items into a mixer with fresh ice.
- Stir items for 60 seconds.
- Place a large ice cube in a rocks glass.
- Pour and strain into the glass.
- Garnish with a luxardo cherry, and a fresh cut orange, flamed orange zest, with rosemary garnish.
Lemon, Star Anise and Clove Syrup
· 4 cups of water
· 2 cups of sugar
· 38 grams of white cloves
· 25 grams of star anise
· rind of 1 lemon
Simmer all ingredients over medium heat for 10 minutes, then strain.
More fall adventures from Hilton: