As warm days shift into cool evenings, fall is a gorgeous time to visit New York City. When planning a trip to the Big Apple, there are few better places to stay than Motto by Hilton New York City Chelsea, which is centrally located in the Chelsea Arts District, within walking distance of popular restaurants, boutiques and art galleries, and close to sites like Madison Square Park and The High Line. Motto by Hilton New York City Chelsea offers sleek guest rooms and community-oriented amenities such as Motto Commons, the perfect place to gather and enjoy local craft coffee, a full-service bar, conversation pits, and Bar Cicchetti.
If you can’t make it to New York this fall, Chef Fabio Viviani and his culinary team at Bar Cicchetti are sharing their favorite cocktail recipes that are simple to make and will bring a little taste of the city to your home this season.
This Italian take on the classic Manhattan halves the typical amount of sweet vermouth to make room for Averna, a Sicilian amaro with an orange-forward flavor. A touch of Campari adds a deep, bittersweet note, making this one of the most interesting Manhattans you’ve ever had.
- 1.5 oz Redemption Rye Whiskey
- 0.5 oz Averna Amaro
- 0.5 oz sweet vermouth
- 0.25 oz Campari
- 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
- 2 brandied cherries, for garnish
- Add all liquid ingredients to a mixing glass filled with ice.
- Stir and strain into an Old Fashioned glass over a large ice cube.
- Garnish with the cherries.
This balanced libation has a refreshingly sweet and sour flavor that makes it a true crowd pleaser. Union Mezcal is citrusy and mellow with just a hint of smoke, Effen Cucumber Vodka adds a vegetal note, and the orgeat lends a nutty sweetness. Spritz it with absinthe for a refined touch that will impress even the most dedicated cocktail connoisseur.
- 1.25 oz Union Mezcal
- 0.5 oz Effen Cucumber Vodka
- 0.5 oz orange curacao
- 0.75 oz orgeat syrup
- 0.25 oz simple syrup
- 1 oz lime juice
- 3 spritzes absinthe
- Cucumber ribbon, for garnish
- Mint sprig, for garnish
- Add all liquid ingredients, save for the absinthe, to a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake and strain into an Old Fashioned glass with fresh ice.
- Spritz the drink with the absinthe, and garnish with the cucumber ribbon and mint.
This drink delivers on an endless summer feeling no matter the time of year. Plantation 3 Star is a beautifully balanced mix of rums from Jamaica, Barbados and Trinidad, which pairs wonderfully with lush pineapple syrup and bright lime juice. A basil leaf adds an earthy quality to the nose and palate.
- 2 oz Plantation 3 Star White Rum
- 1 oz pineapple syrup
- 1 oz lime juice
- Basil leaf, for garnish
- Add all liquid ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake and strain into a Nick & Nora glass.
- Garnish with the basil leaf.