- West Virginia: Home2 Suites by Hilton Charles Town in West Virginia is located near hiking trails, historic sites, and Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races. Hike one of the several historic trails in nearby Harper’s Ferry National Park during winter or warmer months, depending on you and Fido’s preferences. Or, in more temperate seasons, head to a nearby pet-friendly vineyard for a wine tasting and outdoor picnic. Back at the hotel, spread out in your suite or relax with your pup on the cozy patio with a fire pit.
- Southern California: The Southern California La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort lets you experience the desert paradise with your beloved dog. With more than 45 acres of open grounds and special pet amenities – such as an oversized pet bed, bone, food and water bowls, pet relief stations throughout the resort, and a dog-friendly jogging and hiking map – furry travelers will enjoy their stay as much as their owners. The resort even offers a one-hour in-room pet massage for the ultimate pup-pampering experience.
- New York: At Conrad New York, located in lower Manhattan, four-legged guests are invited to experience a luxurious stay. The hotel has partnered with the city’s premier concierge and apparel company for dogs, POOCHi, to offer GPS-enabled dog-walking services, complete with photos and a recap of your pup’s adventure. Conrad New York guests traveling with their pet also have access to dog beds, stylish bandanas, and food bowls.
- Milwaukee: Hilton Milwaukee City Center is the perfect hotel for dog-lovers visiting Mil-town. This downtown Milwaukee hotel has its own ‘canine concierge’ named Millie, who is available for meet-ups in the hotel lobby during the week. Millie and her owner (concierge Rusty Dahler) can help guests and their pooches find pet-friendly activities nearby. The hotel also features a large dog-friendly green space that’s open year-round for canine guests who have a case of the “zoomies” (a need to unleash a burst of energy.) Travelers can book the Friends of Millie Puppy Package for a Millie plush toy, dog bowls, and a dog bed to use during their stay, as well as delicious dog treats from local vendors.
Fit for Foodies
- Portland: As a city with more than 400 dog-friendly restaurants and bars (according to BringFido.com), Portland is the perfect destination for foodies who never want to choose between dining out or leaving their pup behind. Stay at Canopy by Hilton Portland Pearl District, the ideal home base for dogs and their owners thanks to the hotel’s Paws in the Neighborhood program and central location amid some of the city’s top restaurants, breweries and dog-friendly parks.
- Chicago: As one of America’s top culinary destinations, Chicago is a must-visit city for foodies. Stay at Hilton Chicago, which overlooks Grant Park and Lake Michigan and is within walking distance of the Pilsen neighborhood’s bar and restaurant scene. In warmer months, take your pup to lakefront Montrose Beach Dog Park, a favorite destination among locals. Chicago also offers a host of shopping, with many dog-friendly department stores and shops near the hotel. The hotel offers a Paws for Thought concierge-curated list of nearby pet-friendly parks, vets and boutiques.
- Southern California: For a fun-filled beach vacation, head to Hotel del Coronado, Curio Collection by Hilton in sunny California. In addition to the dog-friendly beach located less than one mile from the resort, the hotel offers Del-ightful doggy treats upon arrival, a gourmet room service menu just for dogs, specialized dog beds and crates, and even a weekly Yappy Hour where furry guests can enjoy playtime and organic, gourmet “yappatizers” while their human companions sip on craft cocktails.
- Florida: For the ultimate in pup-pampering resorts, book the Paws in Paradise experience at Boca Raton Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort. The experience includes a doggy welcome from Hays, the resort’s four-legged “Canine Director”, and daily tuck-in service. In addition, the resort offers dog-appropriate welcome amenities, signature doggy spa treatments, dog-friendly restaurants and room service, and access to an in-house vet, nearby walking routes and dog sitting, and daycare services. The resort even offers a rentable Nanny Cam so guests can keep an eye on their pooch if they leave the room for a while.