MCLEAN, Va. - With over 1,075 open properties, the All Suites brands by Hilton, consisting of Embassy Suites by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, and Home2 Suites by Hilton, had a Q2 marked by expansion particularly into airport and urban locations. Together, they opened 33 properties this quarter, including nine in key airport and downtown areas, two dual-brands, and two Canadian openings.
In addition to opening more than 30 properties in Q2, the All Suites brands by Hilton have nearly 600 properties in the pipeline. This growth is reflected in quickly approaching milestones for both Homewood Suites by Hilton, which is on pace to open its 500th property in Q3, and Home2 Suites by Hilton, which is on pace to open its 400th property in the first quarter of 2020.
“As a category, the All Suites brands by Hilton pride themselves on being responsive to travelers’ preferences, and this includes working to grow our footprint so that we have a presence everywhere our loyal guests want to stay,” said Dianna Vaughan, global head and senior vice president, All Suites brands by Hilton. “By using innovative building models, such as multi-brand properties, adaptive re-use and modular construction, we have been able to expand into traditionally high-barrier-to-entry downtown markets as well as key airport proximate locations.”
Brand Achievements and Upcoming Milestones
In the second quarter of 2019, the All Suites brands have had success, both individually and as a category, and continue to make major strides towards new milestones.
All Suites brands by Hilton:
- In March, the category launched the Clean the World Challenge alongside Hilton Garden Inn and Hampton by Hilton. After only a few months, they collectively blew past the original goal of collecting enough bars of soap left behind by guests to be recycled into 1 million bars of new soap by Global Handwashing Day on October 15. As such, a new goal of 2 million bars has been set.
Embassy Suites by Hilton:
- In keeping with the category’s use of innovative building models to grow in urban and downtown areas, the upcoming Embassy Suites by Hilton Knoxville Downtown, slated to open early in the fourth quarter this year, is an adaptive re-use of the William F. Conley Building, a 13-story former condo and office building that also housed a bank.
Homewood Suites by Hilton:
- Recently opened Homewood Suites by Hilton Steamboat Springs embodies the brand’s flexibility, with a central location in the heart of the Rocky Mountains that gives guests the value-added offerings that both business and leisure travelers are looking for when in the area.
- To commemorate the brand’s 30th anniversary, global head Rick Colling has been visiting Homewood Suites by Hilton properties from New York to Monterrey, Mexico. To follow along use the hashtag #HomewoodSuites30.
Home2 Suites by Hilton:
- Home2 Suites by Hilton opened 25 properties, bringing their current number to 332 open properties and putting them easily on pace to hit their milestone 400th property in the first quarter of next year.
Throughout the second quarter of 2019, the All Suites brands by Hilton continued to use innovative building methods to expand their footprint both domestically and abroad. New properties include:
Embassy Suites by Hilton:
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Grand Rapids Downtown: Part of the category’s growing downtown footprint, this property is proximate to both tourism and business destinations like the Grand River and DeVos Place Convention Center in the Monroe North business district.
Homewood Suites by Hilton:
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown South Loop: Located in the heart of Chicago’s downtown, this property is a dual-brand with Hilton Garden Inn, a model that drives efficiencies through shared construction and zoning and which provides multiple price points and room types all under one roof.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City Airport: Just three miles from SLC International Airport, this property is proximate to prime leisure destinations like Vivint Smart Home Arena, the home of the Utah Jazz, and is in the central hub for Salt Lake City professional businesses.
Home2 Suites by Hilton:
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Toronto Brampton: Another dual-brand property with Hilton Garden Inn, this location is part of the category’s continued expansion into key Canadian markets, providing a versatile option for guests visiting Toronto, the leading city in Canada for tourism.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport North: This property was built just minutes from downtown San Francisco using modular construction, going from groundbreaking to opening in just 16 months, a fraction of the typical construction time in the Bay Area.
The All Suites brands by Hilton grew their pipeline with 30 new signed deals in the second quarter of 2019, bringing the total combined pipeline to nearly 600 pending hotels. Notable signed deals, reflecting the category’s continued growth into downtown areas as well as key business and tourism destinations, include Home2 Suites by Hilton Oceanside, California, Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers Beach Sanibel Gateway, Florida, and the Homewood Suites by Hilton Nashville Downtown the Gulch, Tennessee.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 22 world-class brands comprising nearly 7,400 properties and more than 1.1 million rooms, in 124 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its founding vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, Hilton has welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its more than 100-year history, earned a top spot on Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For list and been recognized as a global leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices for six consecutive years. Hilton has introduced several industry-leading technology enhancements to improve the guest experience, including Digital Key Share, automated complimentary room upgrades and the ability to book confirmed connecting rooms. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, the more than 173 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can't buy. With the free Hilton Honors app, guests can book their stay, select their room, check in, unlock their door with a Digital Key and check out, all from their smartphone. Visit stories.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
About Embassy Suites by Hilton
Embassy Suites by Hilton, one of Hilton’s market-leading brands, is dedicated to delivering what matters most to travelers. The full service, upscale brand offers both leisure and business travelers an approachable, best-in-class experience with two-room suites, free made-to-order breakfast, flexible meetings and events space, inviting open atriums, 24-hour fitness centers and a complimentary evening reception. Embassy Suites by Hilton offers more than 260 open hotels with 40 properties in development. Experience a positive stay at Embassy Suites by Hilton by booking at embassysuites.com or through the industry-leading Hilton Honors app. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits. Learn more about Embassy Suites by Hilton at stories.hilton.com/embassysuites, and follow the brand on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.