NEW YORK, NY - With less than six weeks until summer ends, experts say there’s still plenty of time to book a vacation and take advantage of end-of-summer travel deals. According to Airfarewatchdog, a comprehensive source of only the best flight deals available each day across all major airlines and routes, major cities such as New York City are ideal to book between now and September 23, particularly over Labor Day weekend.
Amanda Norcross, senior editor at the travel deal site, says, “It’s always bittersweet when summer comes to a close, but there’s still time to make the most of what’s left of the season—and it doesn’t have to be at the expense of your wallet. The Big Apple is shaping up to be a particularly hot destination for Labor Day weekend travel. Our team of fare experts is seeing multiple round-trip airfares for less than $300 from departure cities like Chicago, Pittsburgh, Orlando, Tampa, Charlotte, and more. And don’t worry if your departure city isn’t listed. You can search for other flight deals to NYC using our Flights To A City tool.”
Norcross recommends taking advantage of the additional travel day over the long Labor Day weekend. On Sundays, must-see attractions are less crowded, it’s easier to get into some of the city’s best restaurants, and hotel rates are favorable.
Stay with Hilton and Receive Up to 50% Off Sunday Nights
Perfect if booking reservations for Labor Day weekend or any long weekend in New York, 55 Hilton hotels are offering 50 percent off Sunday stays to Hilton Honors members, and 40 percent off for non-members now through December 29, 2019 when visitors book a three-night stay inclusive of Saturday night with the Weekend Like a Local package. Additionally, guests will receive access to local discounts, including 30 percent off Roundabout Theatre tickets, 50 percent off rentals and tours with Unlimited Biking, $7 off tickets for Madison Square Garden’s All Access Tour, and more at top NYC attractions and tours.
“Travelers to NYC can experience the city at a slower pace on a Sunday, especially over Labor Day Weekend when many locals are on vacation,” said Beth Caulfield, Senior Director, Destination Marketing, Hilton. “We’ve partnered with many top restaurants and attractions to provide Hilton guests with exclusive discounts and experiences on Sundays when they book our Weekend Like a Local package. This package is available over Labor Day weekend and through the end of the year.”
Additional Travel Tips
- Airfarewatchdog advises that there is no “magic” day of the week or time of day to score the cheapest airfare—airlines are unpredictable, and fares are constantly changing. By signing up for airfare alerts, travelers will know the moment a good deal drops (without having to do any work at all) so they don’t miss out on an incredible fare. With Labor Day only a couple of weeks out, the site says to book a good deal as soon as it’s available.
- Through Hilton Honors, the free-to-join award-winning guest loyalty program for Hilton’s 17 brands, members will earn Points for every night they stay and can use those Points towards free hotel stays. They’ll also receive member-only discounts and offers like free Wi-Fi, free breakfast and the “Order Ahead” option to personalize their room before arrival.
- Rack up Points even faster with promotions: earn double Hilton Honors Bonus Points beginning on the second stay during Hilton Honors’ “Go More, Get More” promotion through September 8, 2019. And with the Hilton Honors app, members can select their room of choice from a digital floor plan and request amenities to be ready in their room prior to arrival at any of our 5,900 properties around the world.
- When traveling by car, take a Lyft around New York City and earn 3x the Hilton Honors points for every $1 spent. By simply linking their Hilton Honors and Lyft accounts at HiltonHonorsLyft.com, members can start maximizing their Points by taking a Lyft anywhere they need to go.
- Don’t worry if you can’t make it to NYC for Labor Day weekend. Summer doesn’t technically end until mid-September—and according to Airfarewatchdog, there are still amazing deals to be had before fall kicks in. The site’s Weekender tool—which is dedicated to giving travelers access to the best long weekend travel deals—can help you pinpoint which remaining summer weekend will give you the best bang for your buck.
For more information and to start planning a New York City getaway, visit www.travel.hilton.com/new-york or call 1 (800) 774-1500.
For travel deals—or to sign up for airfare alerts to be the first to know when a good deal drops—visit www.airfarewatchdog.com.
Airfarewatchdog is a comprehensive source of only the best flight deals available each day across all major airlines and routes. The site relies on a team of fare experts and data to uncover these deals (some of which are “hidden” sales that aren’t advertised), giving you free insider access to the lowest fares—and the information you need to feel confident book the trips you want to take.
Airfarewatchdog is part of Smarter Travel Media LLC, a subsidiary of TripAdvisor, Inc. Smarter Travel Media operates www.airfarewatchdog.com, www.bookingbuddy.com, www.familyvacationcritic.com, www.jetsetter.com, www.onetime.com, www.oyster.com, www.smartertravel.com, and www.whattopack.com.
Airfarewatchdog and the Airfarewatchdog logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Smarter Travel Media LLC in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other logos or product and company names mentioned herein may be the property of their respective owners.
©2019 Smarter Travel Media LLC. All rights reserved.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 22 world-class brands comprising nearly 7,400 properties and more than 1.1 million rooms, in 124 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its founding vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, Hilton has welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its more than 100-year history, earned a top spot on Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For list and been recognized as a global leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices for six consecutive years. Hilton has introduced several industry-leading technology enhancements to improve the guest experience, including Digital Key Share, automated complimentary room upgrades and the ability to book confirmed connecting rooms. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, the more than 173 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can't buy. With the free Hilton Honors app, guests can book their stay, select their room, check in, unlock their door with a Digital Key and check out, all from their smartphone. Visit stories.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
About Hilton Honors
Hilton Honors is the award-winning guest loyalty program for Hilton’s world-class brands comprising nearly 7,400 properties in 124 countries and territories. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose nearly any combination of Points and money to book a stay, an exclusive member discount and free standard Wi-Fi. Members also have access to contactless technology exclusively through the industry-leading Hilton Honors app, where members can check in, choose and access their room using Digital Key. Hilton Honors offers its more than 173 million members hundreds of ways to earn and redeem Points, including with select co-branded credit cards. Members can redeem Points for free nights, purchases on Amazon, exclusive experiences, charitable contributions and more. The program is free to join and travelers can enroll online at hiltonhonors.com. Learn more about Hilton Honors at stories.hilton.com/hiltonhonors, and follow Hilton Honors on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.