MCLEAN, Va. - Hilton (NYSE: HLT) today revealed its 2020 CEO Light & Warmth Award winners, the company’s highest form of global team member recognition. Each of the 13 team members and franchise employees being celebrated brings Hilton’s purpose to life and truly exemplifies the company’s vision, mission and values each day.
In 2020, more than 650 team members from across Hilton’s global managed and franchise network were nominated by their colleagues. Finalists were selected by a committee of representatives from across the company, with the 13 winners chosen by Hilton’s President and CEO Christopher J. Nassetta. Since 2011, 94 recipients have been recognized with this prestigious award.
“Through the uncertainty we all experienced last year, our team members came together in remarkable ways, proving the power and resiliency of our hospitality in even the most challenging of times,” Nassetta said. “I’m thrilled to recognize our CEO Light & Warmth Award winners for truly going above and beyond to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality. Congratulations to these outstanding team members, and to all our nominees for embodying Hilton’s values all around the world.”
Hilton’s 2020 CEO Light & Warmth Winners include:
- Claudia Acevedo, paralegal, Hilton Corporate McLean
- Michelle Gehman, general manager, Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster
- Ken Gillespie, area chief engineer, Hampton Inn Charleston Historic District
- Joshua Ruzibuka, line cook, Madison Beach Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
- Satchel Smith, front desk agent, Homewood Suites by Hilton Beaumont
- Karla De La Garza, guest services manager, Hampton Inn by Hilton Villahermosa
- Flavio Silva, training manager, Hilton Rio de Janeiro Copacabana
- Angelica Restrivera, marketing & comms executive, Conrad Manila
- Hunter Ding, team member dormitory supervisor, Hilton Urumqi
- Alex Cotterill, commercial director, Hilton Kuala Lumpur
- Adel Mahmoud, executive housekeeper, Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza
- Yana Kutyavina, guest service agent, Hilton Garden Inn Moscow New Riga
- Geno Dzidziguri, human resources manager, Hilton Batumi
Learn more about the CEO Light & Warmth Awards and the 2020 winners here.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 18 world-class brands comprising nearly 6,900 properties and nearly 1.1 million rooms, in 122 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its founding vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, Hilton has welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its more than 100-year history, earned a top spot on Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For list and been recognized as a global leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices for five consecutive years. Hilton has introduced several industry-leading technology enhancements to improve the guest experience, including Digital Key Share, automated complimentary room upgrades and the ability to book confirmed connecting rooms. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, the nearly 133 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can't buy. With the free Hilton Honors app, guests can book their stay, select their room, check in, unlock their door with a Digital Key and check out, all from their smartphone. Visit stories.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.