SINGAPORE – Hilton (NYSE: HLT), Asia’s fastest-growing hospitality company, has celebrated its inaugural win as Singapore’s top hospitality company to work for, ranking second across all industries in the medium category. Awarded by global research and consulting firm Great Place To Work®, this win follows earlier accolades in the Philippines and Sri Lanka where Hilton was also the highest-ranked hospitality company on both countries’ Best Workplaces list. Earlier this year, Hilton was also certified as a Great Place to Work for the second time in Malaysia and Thailand, and for the first time in the Maldives, marking a total of six countries in South East Asia where Hilton has been recognized for its exceptional workplace culture.
Specifically, the company also garnered multiple awards in Sri Lanka, including Best Workplaces for Millennials, 30 Best Multinational Workplaces in Asia, and the Cube Award for Bold Acts of Leadership, which celebrates organizations that demonstrated outstanding and swift bold acts of leadership during the pandemic.
These accolades signify Hilton’s unwavering commitment to be the employer of choice for nearly 10,000 team members in South East Asia, guided by its purpose-driven culture in creating an inclusive environment where team members are able to bring their most authentic selves to work, realize their potential and enable their growth.
“Receiving consistent recognition for our culture across South East Asia is a true honor and reflection of how our team members have come together to ensure Hilton continues to be an inclusive and welcoming workplace. Being a business of people serving people, we are fully committed to ensuring that our team members continue to thrive as they deliver unparalleled hospitality to all our guests. As we continue to expand our presence and double our portfolio in South East Asia in the coming years, we will continue to invest in our team members and ensure Hilton remains a great place to work for all,” said Alexandra Murray, area vice president & head of South East Asia, Hilton.
Notes to editors:
To help team members realize the myriad of growth opportunities at Hilton and bring their best selves to work, Hilton’s initiatives include:
- Thrive@Hilton, Hilton’s employer value proposition that cultivates meaningful opportunities and a workplace culture where all team members can thrive regardless of background, role and location.
- Hilton SEA Management Trainee program that set the benchmark in producing a whole generation of young leaders in hospitality.
- Lead@Hilton, an industry-leading learning platform that offers a suite of learning resources on management and leadership, including a Leadership Unscripted video series where senior leaders share career advice and virtual development programs created in partnership with Harvard.
- Careers@Hilton,which provides guidance and highlights opportunities for young people in the hospitality industry through annual awareness campaigns. Paused during the pandemic, the program will restart in 2023.
- Go Hilton, Hilton’s popular team member travel programme which offers discounted travel benefits.
- Care for All, a new industry-leading caregiving initiative designed to support team members on their caregiving journeys. The Care for All platform is an expansion of Hilton’s mental wellness hub, where it aims to support team members in caring not only for themselves, but also for those closest to them.
To be certified as a Great Place to Work, companies must meet the minimum quantitative threshold on the Great Place to Work Trust Index™ Employee Survey, which gathers feedback from employees on how credibility, respect, fairness, camaraderie and pride are expressed in the workplace. With the requirements met, companies are certified as a Great Place to Work in the countries for one year.
For more information about joining the Hilton team, visit jobs.hilton.com.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 22 world-class brands comprising nearly 7,400 properties and more than 1.1 million rooms, in 124 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its founding vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, Hilton has welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its more than 100-year history, earned a top spot on Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For list and been recognized as a global leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices for six consecutive years. Hilton has introduced several industry-leading technology enhancements to improve the guest experience, including Digital Key Share, automated complimentary room upgrades and the ability to book confirmed connecting rooms. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, the more than 173 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can't buy. With the free Hilton Honors app, guests can book their stay, select their room, check in, unlock their door with a Digital Key and check out, all from their smartphone. Visit stories.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.