MCLEAN, Va. – As Hilton’s primary philanthropic arm, the Hilton Global Foundation announced its commitment to grant nearly $2 million towards organizations whose efforts support destination stewardship, climate action, career development and community resilience. Funds will be distributed across the Hilton Global Foundation’s annual grantees and to various non-profit organizations who have demonstrated a meaningful commitment to preserving the destinations where they operate.
“There has never been a more important time to support efforts towards a more sustainable, inclusive and resilient world. The Hilton Global Foundation is uniquely positioned to support global efforts to protect communities and the planet while contributing to a better world for travel,” said Erica Gordon, President, Hilton Global Foundation. “These organizations are doing critical work at a time when it is needed most. The Hilton Global Foundation is proud to support their efforts and is honored to have played a positive part in their local and global impacts.”
The Hilton Global Foundation was launched in 2019 based on the belief that it can create a better world to travel by partnering with people and organizations that are fostering positive change. Grant funding provided by the Hilton Global Foundation will support projects that preserve travel destinations for future generations, combat damaging effects of climate change, support the career development of vulnerable populations and increase the resilience of underserved communities around the world:
- Travis Early College High School Hospitality College (United States): Allows underserved students in Austin, Texas to garner valuable work experience, including tuition-free hospitality degree programs.
- Homeboy Industries (United States): Provides support, education and career development to formerly gang-involved and previously incarcerated people in Los Angeles, California.
- Hawaii Land Trust (United States): Protects nearly 22,000 acres of land integral to Hawaii’s wellbeing and character while fostering community-led stewardship.
- Instituto Agir Ambiental (Brazil): Empowers socially vulnerable women across Brazil and supports resilience to climate change through increased water access and promotion of income opportunities.
- One Tree Planted (Canada): Restores forests and promotes habitats contributing to biodiversity. Contributions from the Hilton Global Foundation will allow 50,000 trees to be planted across Canada.
- The City Mission (United States): Empowers individuals to overcome homelessness by providing basic needs and wraparound support services in the Cleveland, Ohio community.
Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Minority Rights Group (Poland & Hungary): Secures rights and hospitality career development opportunities for indigenous, ethnic, religious and linguistic minority peoples around the world.
- Millennium Water Alliance (Ethiopia): Accelerates Ethiopia’s progress towards affordable access to water, by transitioning diesel-powered water pumps into solar powered systems, providing sustainable water services to local communities.
- Only A Pavement Away (United Kingdom): Supports individuals facing homelessness, veterans and the previously incarcerated through financial support and career development opportunities in the hospitality industry.
- Woodland Trust (United Kingdom): Restores the United Kingdom’s woodland areas through exceptional conservation, landscape and heritage value.
- Rays of Hope (South Africa): Supports vulnerable young people in Johannesburg, South Africa, with career exposure, work readiness training, career development and upskilling opportunities.
- Global Water Challenge (Saudi Arabia): Furthers the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in Saudi Arabia while prioritizing access to safe and affordable drinking water.
- Punlaan School (Philippines): Offers scholarships and programs for underprivileged young women, focusing on hospitality and culinary arts, while equipping them with job and life skills.
- VOICE Area Federation (Sri Lanka): Combats food insecurity through the creation of community farms and kitchen programs to vulnerable communities in Sri Lanka.
- ROLE Foundation (Indonesia): Provides young, marginalized women with a six-month residential program consisting of hospitality skills training, crucial life skills and confidence building activities.
- Ocean Conservancy (Australia): Together with their partners, Ocean Conservancy protects the ocean from today’s greatest global challenges by creating evidence-based solutions for a healthy ocean.
- Kechara Soup Kitchen (Malaysia): Supplies food aid distributions to homeless, marginalized and poverty-stricken families in Malaysia.
- China Foundation for Rural Development (China): Works to alleviate poverty in China through hospitality education, cultural exchanges, social media skills and other trainings.
The Hilton Global Foundation has also contributed $125,000 in grants towards local organizations working to build a healthy, sustainable planet and resilient communities for future generations. Nominated by Hilton team members around the world, these organizations will use the Hilton Global Foundation contributions to launch volunteer efforts in their local communities.
The announcement corresponds with Hilton’s Travel with Purpose Week, an annual week of engagement across Hilton’s global corporate, managed and franchised locations. The week is dedicated to supporting Hilton’s Travel with Purpose Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy and the Hilton Global Foundation while celebrating the positive impact driven by team members at Hilton’s more than 7,000 properties worldwide.
To learn more about the Hilton Global Foundation and this year’s grantees, please visit hiltonglobalfoundation.hilton.com.
About Hilton Global Foundation
The Hilton Global Foundation is Hilton’s primary international philanthropic arm. The Foundation is a nonprofit established in the U.S. and is a registered 501(c)3 charitable organization. The Foundation awards grants, in alignment with Hilton’s Travel with Purpose 2030 Goals, that have a positive impact on travel destinations around the world. Foundation grants are awarded throughout the year in accordance with tax and legal requirements. Learn more about the Hilton Global Foundation at HiltonGlobalFoundation.hilton.com.