MCLEAN, Va. - Tonight, Hilton Hotels & Resorts is hosting a Business Travel Bootcamp in New York City, arming hundreds of young professionals and aspiring road warriors with insider tips on how to maximize their time on the road this year. The RSVP-only event, taking place at New York Hilton Midtown from 7 p.m. – 10 p.m., was organized to help the next generation of professionals navigate challenges that traveling for business can bring.
“With more than 575 hotels worldwide and 100 years in hospitality, Hilton Hotels & Resorts has long served as a leader in and destination for business travelers,” said Vera Manoukian, senior vice president and global head, Hilton Hotels & Resorts. “Tonight’s event will equip young professionals with the travel tools they need to be successful – while also allowing us to have an open dialogue so that we can continue to innovate and exceed their expectations.”
Last summer, Hilton Hotels & Resorts commissioned a survey of business travelers ages 23-35, which revealed overwhelmingly positive feelings towards work travel:
- Work Perks: Seventy-five percent of young professionals consider business travel a work perk
- Loyalty Life: Seventy-four percent say hotel points or airline miles are a top benefit of work travel
- Career Deal Breaker: Thirty-nine percent go so far as to say they wouldn’t take a job that didn’t allow them to travel for business
- Parents On-the-Go: Sixty-two percent of parents create reasons to travel for business
Findings also illuminated sources of tension and challenges for today’s new business travelers:
- Road Warrior Workouts: Sixty-five percent admit that they regularly pack workout gear, but end up not using it; 44 percent have gained weight due to traveling for business
- Expense Anxiety: Forty-three percent often misunderstand what can be expensed and end up owing their company money
- Sunday Scaries: Thirty-eight percent start to feel stressed and can’t enjoy the weekend when anticipating business travel the next week
- Bleisure Stress: Sixty-nine percent wish they could extend their trip for leisure, but 46 percent admit they feel guilty about doing so
When staying with Hilton, business travelers can find an array of solutions to combat the challenges they face:
- In addition to earning Points, Hilton Honors, Hilton’s free-to-join loyalty program, offers instant benefits and helps put members in control of their stay experience. Through the award-winning mobile app, members can check in, choose their room and access their room using a Digital Key directly from their smartphone.
- With Five Feet to Fitness, maintaining a wellness regime is as easy as rolling out of bed. The revolutionary in-room wellness concept brings 11 different fitness equipment and accessory options into the guest room itself.
- Inspired by Travel with Purpose, Hilton’s approach to responsible travel and tourism, Meet with Purpose allows meeting professionals to choose from a variety of health-conscious menu packages. Favorites include “Yoga and Yogurt”– which offers yoga classes followed by a gourmet yogurt bar – or the “Cut & Create” salad – an interactive dining experience that lets attendees customize their meal from a unique, custom-made wood display of fresh greens and accoutrements.
For more tips, plus additional information on the Hilton Hotels & Resorts’ New Business Traveler initiative, visit newsroom.hilton.com/newbusinesstraveler or follow along on social via Facebook (@Hilton), Instagram (@hiltonhotels) and Twitter (@hiltonhotels) using the hashtag, #GoBoss.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 22 world-class brands comprising nearly 7,400 properties and more than 1.1 million rooms, in 124 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its founding vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, Hilton has welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its more than 100-year history, earned a top spot on Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For list and been recognized as a global leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices for six consecutive years. Hilton has introduced several industry-leading technology enhancements to improve the guest experience, including Digital Key Share, automated complimentary room upgrades and the ability to book confirmed connecting rooms. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, the more than 173 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can't buy. With the free Hilton Honors app, guests can book their stay, select their room, check in, unlock their door with a Digital Key and check out, all from their smartphone. Visit stories.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
About Hilton Hotels & Resorts
For over a century, Hilton Hotels & Resorts has set the benchmark for hospitality around the world, providing new product innovations and services to meet guests' evolving needs. With more than 600 hotels across six continents, Hilton Hotels & Resorts properties are located in the world’s most sought-after destinations for guests who know that where they stay matters. Experience a positive stay at Hilton Hotels & Resorts by booking at hiltonhotels.com or through the industry-leading Hilton Honors app. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits. Learn more about Hilton Hotels & Resorts at stories.hilton.com/hhr, and follow the brand on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.