LONDON - Guests staying at Hilton hotels across London can now take advantage of Lime’s fleet of electric-assist bikes, giving them a more socially distanced and sustainable way to get around the capital.
The partnership will see 70 of Lime’s JUMP zero-emission e-bikes stationed at seven flagship Hilton properties across central London. The collaboration aims to encourage greener tourism and alleviate concerns over getting around town.
To ensure rider safety, regularly sanitised helmets will be available at reception, with 15-minute free promo codes* offered at the front desk of participating hotels.
From The Tower of London to Columbia Road Flower Market, here are some of the sights within a 15-minute cycle from participating Hilton hotels:
- Conrad London St James — Just a six-minute cycle along St. James’s Park and riders will arrive at Buckingham Palace. From there they can visit the Houses of Parliament and famous Westminster Abbey via Birdcage Walk.
- London Hilton on Park Lane — For those staying on Park Lane, it’s a nine-minute journey to Regent’s Park. Take Park Lane and you will pass Marble Arch on route.
- The Waldorf Hilton London — Heading towards Fleet Street, guests at The Waldorf Hilton can be at St Paul’s Cathedral in just five minutes on a Lime e-bike.
- Hilton London Kensington — Fancy a bit of shopping? Lime will see guests in Kensington get to Westfield Shopping Centre in only three minutes. Customers can then ride over to the Royal Albert Hall in less than a quarter of an hour.
- Hilton London Metropole — If you’re a cricket fan and staying at the Hilton London Metropole, Lime e-bikes will see you at Lords Cricket Ground in a mere eight minutes.
- Hilton London Tower Bridge — or keen foodies staying at Hilton London Tower Bridge, Borough Market is a must-visit and only a three-minute journey south. You can also visit The Shard on your way.
- Hart Shoreditch London, Curio Collection by Hilton - Columbia Road Flower Market is less than five minutes away from Hart Shoreditch, one of Hilton’s newest London hotels. Situated in one of London’s most creative neighbourhoods, the hotel is only three minutes away from Spitalfields Market and less than 10 to St. Paul’s Cathedral via the world-famous Barbican Centre.
“We are really excited that our guests now have the flexibility of jumping on one of Lime’s e-bikes as soon as they leave the lobby. With the bikes available directly outside our hotels, guests will easily be able to explore London in a more sustainable and socially distanced way.” said Julie Baker, Vice President, UK and Ireland, Hilton.
“Whether Hilton guests are looking to take a bike to an office meeting, see the sites or visit a local cafe, we’re delighted to be working with Hilton to give guests access to a more sustainable method of transportation as they rethink their rides around the capital,” commented Florence Milner, General Manager UK and Ireland at Lime. “Lime is focused on getting London moving again, and socially-distanced, open-air transport is crucial to people returning to shops and restaurants.”
Hotel guests will need to download the Lime app to unlock the bikes by scanning a QR code, before riding to their destination. The bikes can be parked in any permitted spot across the city and do not need to be returned to the hotel.
Notes to editors:
- *for first time Lime users
- Lime bikes cost 15p per minute to ride
- For more information visit: https://explore.hilton.com/lp/london-at-your-speed #LondonatYourSpeed
- Lime is committed to ensuring safe travel for riders and has a COVID-19 Prevention Specialist team which, in line with recommendations from Public Health England, precisely monitors and controls disinfection of the e-bike fleet, increasing frequency as needed.
- Hilton guests will also experience elevated levels of cleanliness and hygiene in line with the brand’s CleanStay programme. This includes a Hilton CleanStay Room Seal to reassure guests that no-one has entered since their room was cleaned, as well as extra disinfection of the most frequently touched guests room areas such as light switches, door handles, TV remotes, thermostats and more.
Lime's mission is to foster people-first cities by empowering residents with more affordable, reliable, and sustainable transportation options. As the global leader in micromobility, Lime partners with cities to deploy electric bikes and scooters enabled with GPS and self-activating locks. Lime has powered more than 150 million rides in more than 120 cities across five continents, spurring a new generation of clean alternatives to car ownership. Learn more at li.me.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 18 world-class brands comprising 7,000 properties and 1.1 million rooms, in 122 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its founding vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, Hilton has welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its more than 100-year history, earned a top spot on Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For list and been recognized as a global leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices for five consecutive years. Hilton has introduced several industry-leading technology enhancements to improve the guest experience, including Digital Key Share, automated complimentary room upgrades and the ability to book confirmed connecting rooms. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, the 139 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can't buy. With the free Hilton Honors app, guests can book their stay, select their room, check in, unlock their door with a Digital Key and check out, all from their smartphone. Visit stories.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
About Conrad Hotels & Resorts
Spanning five continents with more than 40 properties, Conrad Hotels & Resorts has created a seamless connection between bold design, impactful experiences and curated contemporary art to inspire the conscientious traveler. Conrad is a place where guests are empowered to explore through intuitive service and experiences that authentically connect them with local culture. Experience an inspiring stay at Conrad Hotels & Resorts by booking at conradhotels.com or through the industry-leading Hilton Honors app. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits. Learn more about Conrad Hotels & Resorts at stories.hilton.com/conradhotels, and follow the brand on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
About Hilton Hotels & Resorts
For over a century, Hilton Hotels & Resorts has set the benchmark for hospitality around the world, providing new product innovations and services to meet guests' evolving needs. With nearly 600 hotels across six continents, Hilton Hotels & Resorts properties are located in the world’s most sought-after destinations for guests who know that where they stay matters. Experience a positive stay at Hilton Hotels & Resorts by booking at hiltonhotels.com or through the industry-leading Hilton Honors app. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits. Learn more about Hilton Hotels & Resorts at stories.hilton.com/hhr, and follow the brand on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
About Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts
Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts is a portfolio of more than 30 iconic properties that creates a unique sense of place with a relentless commitment to elegant service, one-of-a-kind experiences and culinary expertise in landmark locations around the world. Inspired by their timeless environments and sincerely elegant service, Waldorf Astoria hotels deliver an effortless experience from the moment a guest books through checkout. In addition to the brand’s renowned hotel offerings, Waldorf Astoria boasts a best-in-class residential portfolio that provides the comfort of a private home combined with the unsurpassed amenities and high-touch service of Waldorf Astoria. Waldorf Astoria is part of Hilton, a leading global hospitality company. Experience an unforgettable stay at Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts by booking at waldorfastoria.com or through the industry-leading Hilton Honors app. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits. Learn more about Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts at stories.hilton.com/waldorfastoria, and follow the brand on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
About Curio Collection by Hilton
Curio Collection by Hilton is a global portfolio of more than 120 one-of-a-kind hotels and resorts handpicked for their distinct character. Curio Collection properties offer guests the ability to experience independent hotels, offering authentic, curated experiences through local offerings and elevated amenities, while providing the benefits of Hilton and its award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors. Experience Curio Collection by Hilton by booking at curiocollection.com or through the industry-leading Hilton Honors app. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits. Learn more about Curio Collection by Hilton at stories.hilton.com/curio, and follow the brand on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.