- The announcement comes as Hilton signs multiple new properties, including a Conrad Hotels & Resorts property in Riyadh’s Laysen Valley, two hotels in Abha, one under the flagship Hilton Hotels & Resorts brand and an additional property under the lifestyle Canopy by Hilton brand, and a Canopy by Hilton at the Porta Jeddah Development
- Hilton’s multi-brand, country-wide growth strategy will see further new hotel openings across 10 of its award-winning brands, including LXR Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, and Hampton by Hilton – making Saudi Arabia Hilton’s largest pipeline market in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA)
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia – As Saudi Arabia continues to fulfill its vision of becoming a world leader for international travel and tourism, Hilton (NYSE: HLT) has announced plans to open over 50 new hotels across 10 of its brands, making the country the company’s largest pipeline market in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA). Hilton has accelerated its growth strategy in Saudi Arabia in recent years, announcing multiple signings as the company works towards its plans to increase its portfolio to more than 75 trading properties across the country.
The latest of these signings include Conrad Hotels & Resorts entry into the heart of the Saudi capital with Conrad Riyadh Laysen Valley, which is set to open in 2025. Hilton’s growth continues in secondary cities, with the recent signings in Abha, Hilton The Point Residences and Canopy by Hilton The Point, both due to open in 2026.
Commenting on Hilton’s growth in Saudi Arabia, Carlos Khneisser, vice president, development, Middle East & Africa, Hilton, said, “Saudi Arabia’s rapid evolution continues to provide exciting growth opportunities for Hilton, and we’re working closely with our owners to introduce more award-winning hospitality brands in existing and new locations throughout the country. These latest signings are strong examples of our diversified growth in up-and-coming, large-scale developments such as Laysen Valley in Riyadh and our commitment to unlock tourism potential in the secondary cities.”
With plans to more than quadruple its presence in Saudi Arabia over the next few years, Hilton is working closely with leading owners and developers to enhance business and leisure travel destinations throughout the country.
Conrad Riyadh Laysen Valley
In partnership with Mashareq Investment, Hilton plans to bring its second Conrad Hotels & Resorts property to Saudi Arabia. The 170-key Conrad Riyadh Laysen Valley will bring the brand’s bold design, impactful experiences, and curated contemporary art to inspire travellers throughout their stay. Featuring world-class amenities, purposeful service and guest facilities, the modern, luxury hotel is expected to open in 2025 opposite the city’s diplomatic quarter at the heart of the Laysen Valley development, one of Riyadh’s most prominent high-end, mixed-use real estate projects.
Hilton The Point Residences and Canopy by Hilton The Point
Hilton also signed two additional hotels, one under the flagship Hilton Hotels & Resorts brand and another under the lifestyle Canopy by Hilton brand, in the city of Abha, at the ‘Abha Terraces’ project. Both properties were signed with Real Estate Development Fund Company, a fund made up of unit-holders from SEDCO and the Tourism Development Fund and managed by Saudi Fransi Capital. The announcement also follows the signing of Hilton´s Memorandum of Understanding with the Saudi Tourism Development Fund to develop iconic leisure tourism destinations in Saudi Arabia.
Due to open in 2026, Hilton The Point Residences and Canopy by Hilton The Point will offer a number of state-of-the-art facilities and feature a combined total of 250 guest rooms, suites, and residences. The shared amenities are complete with an indoor pool, fitness centre, spa, multiple dining outlets, and a children’s pool and kids club. The two properties are adjacent to a mixed-use urban centre less than 10 minutes from Abha International Airport, which will include waterparks, entertainment venues, live shows, entertainment-led food and beverage outlets, adventure activities and other leisure amenities.
Canopy by Hilton Porta Jeddah
Expected to open its doors in 2028, Canopy by Hilton Porta Jeddah will feature 183 guest rooms and 55 residences, as well as world-class F&B outlets including a specialty restaurant, a rooftop concept – a signature feature of Canopy hotels – as well as a fully equipped fitness centre, an outdoor swimming pool, and nearly 300 square metres of meeting space. The property will also include Canopy Central, a relaxing leisure and retail space with various zones adapted to the needs of guests throughout their stay. Embracing the energised Canopy by Hilton brand style, Canopy by Hilton Porta Jeddah will deliver a locally-inspired, elevated stay experience, complete with sophisticated interiors and bespoke dining options.
Latest Hotel Signings for Saudi Arabia include:
- Waldorf Astoria Riyadh Diriyah – the iconic 200-room hotel, expected to open in 2028, will be located in a prime position within Diriyah, surrounded by high-end restaurants, luxury retail stores, residences, art galleries and museums.
- Wadi Hanifah, LXR Hotels & Resorts – this secluded retreat, expected to open in 2026, will house 80 immaculately designed guest rooms and enchanting villas, offering Diriyah visitors a lush escape of tranquility and relaxation.
- Canopy by Hilton Al Khobar Ajdan Waterfront – The 120-guest room hotel, expected to open in 2026, is ideally located on the corniche, adjacent to Boulevard Ajdan, the high-end shopping and entertainment destination.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Jeddah Al Andalus Mall – the 164–guest room hotel attached to the Jeddah Al Andalus Mall is due to open next year.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Jeddah Al Marwah – this 178-guest room hotel will be located within close proximity to the King Abdulaziz International Airport, and on the corner of the bustling Hira Street.
- Hampton by Hilton NEOM Community – expected to open later this year, Hampton by Hilton NEOM Community will feature 201 guest rooms.
- Hampton by Hilton Hafr al-Batin – will feature 150 guest rooms and is due to open in 2026.
Hilton currently operates 16 hotels in Saudi Arabia, including Waldorf Astoria Jeddah – Qasr Al Sharq, Conrad Makkah, and Hilton Riyadh Hotel & Residences. Its development pipeline of more than 50 properties includes the introduction of new brands like LXR Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, and Hampton by Hilton.
Hilton is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 22 world-class brands comprising more than 7,500 properties and nearly 1.2 million rooms, in 126 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its founding vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, Hilton has welcomed over 3 billion guests in its more than 100-year history, was named the No. 1 World’s Best Workplace by Great Place to Work and Fortune and has been recognized as a global leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices for seven consecutive years. Hilton has introduced industry-leading technology enhancements to improve the guest experience, including Digital Key Share, automated complimentary room upgrades and the ability to book confirmed connecting rooms. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, the more than 180 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can't buy. With the free Hilton Honors app, guests can book their stay, select their room, check in, unlock their door with a Digital Key and check out, all from their smartphone. Visit stories.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.