MCLEAN, Va. - Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc. ("Hilton" or the "Company") (NYSE: HLT) today reported its first quarter 2019 results. Highlights include:
- Diluted EPS was $0.54 for the first quarter, a 6 percent increase from the same period in 2018, and diluted EPS, adjusted for special items, was $0.80, a 16 percent increase from the same period in 2018
- Net income for the first quarter was $159 million, a 2 percent decrease from the same period in 2018
- Adjusted EBITDA for the first quarter was $499 million, an increase of 12 percent from the same period in 2018 and exceeding the high end of guidance
- System-wide comparable RevPAR increased 1.8 percent on a currency neutral basis for the first quarter from the same period in 2018
- Approved 29,300 new rooms for development during the first quarter, growing Hilton's development pipeline to over 371,000 rooms as of March 31, 2019
- Opened 12,100 rooms in the first quarter, contributing to 10,000 net additional rooms, on track to deliver approximately 6.5 percent net unit growth for the full year
- Launched a new meetings-and-events-focused brand, Signia Hilton
- In February 2019, Hilton's board of directors authorized an additional $1.5 billion for share repurchases under its stock repurchase program
- Repurchased 3.9 million shares of Hilton common stock during the first quarter, bringing total capital return, including dividends, to approximately $340 million for the quarter
- Full year 2019 system-wide RevPAR is expected to increase between 1.0 percent and 3.0 percent on a comparable and currency neutral basis compared to 2018; full year net income is projected to be between $881 million and $910 million; full year Adjusted EBITDA is projected to be between $2,265 million and $2,305 million
- Full year 2019 capital return is projected to be between $1.3 billion and $1.8 billion
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 22 world-class brands comprising nearly 7,300 properties and more than 1.1 million rooms, in 123 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its founding vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, Hilton has welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its more than 100-year history, earned a top spot on Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For list and been recognized as a global leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices for six consecutive years. Hilton has introduced several industry-leading technology enhancements to improve the guest experience, including Digital Key Share, automated complimentary room upgrades and the ability to book confirmed connecting rooms. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, the more than 165 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can't buy. With the free Hilton Honors app, guests can book their stay, select their room, check in, unlock their door with a Digital Key and check out, all from their smartphone. Visit stories.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
About Signia by Hilton
Signia by Hilton is a portfolio of premier hotels that infuses sophisticated travel and premium experiences into every aspect of the guest stay. Each Signia by Hilton hotel offers unparalleled meetings and events capabilities with world-class design, signature food and beverage experiences, and premium wellness offerings, all backed by the Hilton name and award-winning Hilton Honors program. Learn more about Signia by Hilton at stories.hilton.com/signia.