ATLANTA - Georgia World Congress Center Authority (GWCCA), the largest combined convention, sports and entertainment campus in North America, and global hospitality company Hilton (NYSE: HLT), yesterday broke ground on the first newly constructed hotel for Signia by Hilton.
Signia by Hilton is a premier meetings and events brand, combining an elevated hotel experience with premium meeting and event spaces, all delivered with the safety and security of customers in mind. Boston-based Drew Company is the developer for the 975-room property with Gensler as the architect and a joint venture between Skanska and SG Contracting as the general contractor.
“Signia by Hilton Atlanta completes our vision for a connected campus and delivers a package of facilities unrivaled in any city in the United States,” said Frank Poe, executive director of Georgia World Congress Center Authority. “More importantly, it solidifies the Authority’s status as the economic catalyst for the area, spurring billions in growth along the west side of our campus.”
Owned by GWCCA and managed by Hilton Management Services, Signia by Hilton Atlanta will overlook the Mercedes-Benz Stadium sports and entertainment complex and will be connected to the Congress Center. Offering 75,000 square feet of world-class meeting space, a destination bar, signature restaurant, premium wellness amenities and modern guest rooms, construction is expected to be completed by late 2023.
“This is a tremendous milestone for Signia by Hilton as the first groundbreaking for the brand, and we are thrilled to mark this occasion with our partners,” said Gary Steffen, category head, full-service brands, Hilton. “Signia by Hilton will deliver an exceptional guest experience to both business and leisure travelers through unparalleled, dynamic meetings and events capabilities, world-class design, thoughtful innovations, signature food and beverage experiences, and premium wellness offerings, in the world’s most desirable locations.”
“Signia by Hilton Atlanta will enhance our position as a top meeting and convention destination,” said William Pate, president and CEO, Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau. “To be able to offer Hilton’s state-of-the-art, premier meetings brand hotel connected to one of the country’s leading convention centers creates an exciting new option for meeting planners and guests.”
Using feedback from meeting professionals, guests, owners and developers, Signia by Hilton was created to solve critical gaps in the industry to deliver an unparalleled experience from check-in to check-out. Today, consumer and professional feedback continues to shape Signia by Hilton, which now features Hilton EventReady with CleanStay, delivering innovative solutions to address the evolving needs of meeting professionals, including flexibility in planning and transparency in cleanliness policies.
Signia by Hilton Atlanta will join a carefully curated portfolio of hotels in highly sought-after urban and resort destinations, and boast a variety of premier amenities and services, including:
- Impressive arrival experience: Guests will be greeted by grand, locally inspired architecture in the lobby, manicured landscaping and welcoming team members.
- Modern guest rooms: From the high-quality contemporary design and finishes that take inspiration from the Atlanta area to the use of technology – such as Digital Key, which allows guests to check-in, enter and control room settings via a smartphone – the rooms will serve as a haven for comfort and convenience.
- A destination bar: The bar will serve as the heart of Signia by Hilton Atlanta, offering sophisticated design and serving as the go-to place for on-trend cocktails and small plates.
- A range of food options: The property will feature a signature restaurant based on a chef-driven concept, providing Atlanta locals and guests with elevated dishes and beverages in a memorable setting. Signia by Hilton Atlanta will also have an upscale grab-and-go market for those looking to enjoy a take-out meal or snack.
- Premium wellness offerings: The hotel will have a high-caliber fitness center with the latest wellness innovations, as well as group classes and activities, all in a space designed to make guests feel their best.
- Elevated meetings and events: No matter the size of the gathering, Signia by Hilton Atlanta’s meeting and event spaces will provide a contemporary, comfortable setting and advanced technology to inspire innovative thinking, optimize productivity and enhance collaboration.
Signia by Hilton Atlanta guests will enjoy the benefits of Hilton Honors, the award-winning guest loyalty program for Hilton’s distinct hotel brands.
About Georgia World Congress Center Authority
Georgia World Congress Center Authority (GWCCA), a key driver for Georgia’s economy, is the largest combined convention, sports, and entertainment campus in North America. Established in 1971, the GWCCA campus includes Georgia World Congress Center, Centennial Olympic Park, and Mercedes-Benz Stadium. To learn more about the No. 1 convention, sports, and entertainment destination in the world, visit www.gwcca.org.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 19 world-class brands comprising more than 7,000 properties and more than 1.1 million rooms, in 123 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its founding vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, Hilton has welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its more than 100-year history, earned a top spot on Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For list and been recognized as a global leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices for six consecutive years. Hilton has introduced several industry-leading technology enhancements to improve the guest experience, including Digital Key Share, automated complimentary room upgrades and the ability to book confirmed connecting rooms. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, the nearly 146 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can't buy. With the free Hilton Honors app, guests can book their stay, select their room, check in, unlock their door with a Digital Key and check out, all from their smartphone. Visit stories.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
About Signia by Hilton
Signia by Hilton is a dynamic, meetings- and events-focused brand that infuses sophisticated travel and premium experiences into every aspect of the guest experience. Each Signia by Hilton hotel will offer unparalleled meetings and events capabilities with world-class design, state-of-the-art technology and signature food and beverage offerings, all backed by the Hilton name and award-winning Hilton Honors program. Learn more about Signia by Hilton at stories.hilton.com/signia.