Tequila is trending, and it’s time to raise the bar on your knowledge of 2022’s hottest spirit. Sales of the agave spirit in the U.S. are dramatically outpacing the pre-pandemic bar shelf leader, bourbon. And according to the Distilled Spirits Council of the United States (DISCUS), a growing number of Americans are becoming big fans of Mexico’s native spirit. As seen in The 2022 Traveler: Emerging Trends and the Redefined Traveler, a Study from Hilton, tequila volumes have grown 209% with an average rate of 6.5% per year since 2002. That’s a lot of margaritas and palomas.
If you love tequila and are looking to hone your at-home bartending skills, check out these delicious cocktail recipes from three of Hilton’s trend-setting beverage teams. If you’re looking for a no ABV option, swap any of the below with a zero-proof tequila with a 1:1 ratio.
818 Tequila Margarita from The Beverly Hilton
There are few cocktails more refreshing than a classic margarita. This version from The Beverly Hilton lets you customize the agave nectar or simple syrup to sweeten the drink to your liking. Mix one up to elevate your at-home taco night or backyard happy hour.
- 1.5 oz 818 Tequila Reposado
- 1 oz orange liqueur
- .75 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- Agave nectar or simple syrup
- 2 lime wedges, divided
- Coarse salt, for the rim
- Salt the rim: Fill a shallow dish with salt and rub a lime wedge around the rim of a rocks glass. Roll the rim of the glass through the salt.
- Add tequila, orange liqueur and lime juice to a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake for 15-20 seconds until cold. Stir in desired amount of agave or simple syrup to taste.
- Strain into the salt-rimmed rocks glass filled with fresh ice. Garnish with the remaining lime wedge.
Beet Me from Canopy by Hilton São Paulo Jardins
In this cocktail, created by Bartender Adriana Teodoro of Canopy by Hilton São Paulo Jardins, beet syrup is used to complement the minerally, earthy flavors of blanco tequila. Lime juice and a cordial made with red fruits give the beautiful drink a bright, zippy finish.
- 2 oz blanco tequila
- 1 oz lime juice
- .5 oz beet syrup
- .25 oz red fruits cordial
- 500g Frozen Red Fruit Pulp
- 500g refined sugar
- 500g Ketel One
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until homogenized
- filter2 dashes orange bitters
- 2 dashes orange bitters
- Dehydrated orange slices, for garnish
- Add all liquid ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake and strain into a Collins glass filled with fresh ice.
- Garnish with dehydrated orange wheels.
The View by Hilton Cleveland Downtown’s Bar 32
A refreshing cocktail, named in honor of the 32nd floor view at Hilton Cleveland Downtown’s Bar 32, The View uses the tropical flavors of pineapple and lime, paired with crème de cassis, made with blackcurrants, to create a tantalizing flavor with every sip.
- 1.5oz Don Julio Silver
- .75oz Pineapple
- .25oz Simple Syrup
- .25oz Crème de Cassis
- .25oz Lime Juice
- Add all liquid ingredients to a cocktail shaker. Shake.
- Double strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with a Luxardo cherry.