- British sensation, Stormzy, performed his hit songs to 150 lucky guests at an exclusive event at Hilton London Metropole
- Hilton is hosting a series of festive experiences and events across its iconic properties in the UK and Ireland throughout December
LONDON, UK – Following the release of his new album, This Is What I Mean, Stormzy performed to 150 surprised guests at a secret concert at the recently renovated Hilton London Metropole, to kick off the festive season at Hilton.
The intimate performance brought together hotel guests, Hilton Honors members, and individuals from the Down Syndrome Association and Make-A-Wish Foundation, as Stormzy performed his hits, including Hide & Seek, Own It, and Blinded By Your Grace.
Talking about his performance, Stormzy said, “For me, the festive season is all about spending time with loved ones. It’s about giving, hope, and good cheer, and I feel so fortunate that Hilton allowed me to perform to such an intimate crowd.”
From shimmering hotel decorations to festive food innovations, Hilton will be hosting a series of unforgettable experiences across its hotels in the UK and Ireland throughout December, including:
- Festive Fireplaces: From Hilton London Metropole and Hilton Manchester Deansgate, all the way to Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian, festive fireplaces will be spectacularly set for guests to capture cosy family photos and enjoy carol performances on weekends. Additionally, guests will have the opportunity to win one million Hilton Honors points, which is the equivalent of spending $100,000 at Hilton, by simply posting their photo by a Festive Fireplace on Instagram by December 31, 2022, using the hashtags #HiltonMagicChristmas and #HiltonForTheStay.
- Santa’s Room: A breath-taking immersive experience to visit Santa’s home away from the North Pole at Hilton London Metropole, where elves invite guests to walk-through Santa’s magical place of work and rest. Guests can expect to see Santa’s workshop to find the famed ‘naughty or nice’ list, while also taking a sneak peak in Santa’s wardrobe, and seeing where his eight reindeers relax while on their travels.
- Special Service For Santa: Available at select hotels across the UK and Ireland, including DoubleTree by Hilton Tower of London, Hilton Cambridge City Centre, Hilton Birmingham Metropole, and DoubleTree by Hilton Dunblane Hydro, kids can order a complimentary mince pie, carrot, and glass of milk to their room for Santa and his reindeer to enjoy on Christmas Eve.
- Very Merry Treats: In partnership with Helen McGinn, author of ‘The Knackered Mother’s Wine Guide’, guests can try an exclusive and complimentary mulled wine recipe, available at select hotels across the UK and Ireland.
Gurmej Bahia, vice president, marketing and loyalty, Hilton, said, “The festive period is such a special time of year, and at Hilton, we know at the heart of every great trip is a great stay. I’m so happy that Stormzy gave everyone a night to remember, especially as we begin to host a series of festive experiences across our hotels in the UK and Ireland, which we hope will be a real home away from home for those travelling throughout December.”
To learn more about Christmas at Hilton and to book the Santa Sanctuary experience, visit Hilton.com/Christmas.
Notes to Editors:
In-line with Hilton’s Travel with Purpose 2030 Goals, Hilton will be making a donation to The #Merky Foundation’s annual event, ‘A Very #Merky Christmas’. Hilton’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion is reflected in the many initiatives and resources available to its hotels and Team Members. From resource groups for the LGBTQ+ community and their allies, to partnerships focused on the training and hiring of people with different abilities, to mentorship schemes for minority groups – Hilton is truly committed to fostering a culture that encourages belonging and celebrates diversity.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 19 world-class brands comprising more than 7,100 properties and more than 1.1 million rooms, in 123 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its founding vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, Hilton has welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its more than 100-year history, earned a top spot on Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For list and been recognized as a global leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices for six consecutive years. Hilton has introduced several industry-leading technology enhancements to improve the guest experience, including Digital Key Share, automated complimentary room upgrades and the ability to book confirmed connecting rooms. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, the more than 150 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can't buy. With the free Hilton Honors app, guests can book their stay, select their room, check in, unlock their door with a Digital Key and check out, all from their smartphone. Visit stories.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.