SHANGHAI, China - Leading global hospitality company Hilton (NYSE: HLT) has announced the grand opening of its landmark 600th hotel in the Greater China region, Hilton Nanjing Niushoushan. This milestone signifies Hilton’s robust presence in Greater China, boasting 600 hotels in operation across over 200 destinations and 10 distinct brands, each tailored to meet the diverse needs of travelers.
“Launching our 600th hotel in Greater China marks an incredible chapter in our growth story, highlighting the strength and promise of the Hilton enterprise in a market that continues to show long-term prospects for travel and tourism. As the fastest-growing hotel company in the Asia Pacific region, we are proud that one in three hotel rooms under construction in Greater China bears a Hilton flag. This expansion positions us well to capture increasing travel demand and deliver exceptional hospitality experiences to travelers in Greater China,” said Alan Watts, president, Asia Pacific, Hilton.
“As one of the fastest-growing international hotel groups in Greater China, Hilton has opened 100 new hotels annually over the past four years. This rapid expansion showcases our collaborative success with our owners, partners, Team Members and guests, a pace we proudly refer to as ‘Hilton speed’,” said Qian Jin, president, Greater China and Mongolia, Hilton.
“The launch of our 600th hotel in Greater China reaffirms our dedication to the Chinese market and our founding purpose to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality. We are excited to continue this journey and look forward to celebrating the next milestone.”
A Blend of Sophistication and Nature: Hilton’s Debut in Nanjing Niushoushan
Nestled within the picturesque Niushou Mountain cultural tourism zone, Hilton Nanjing Niushoushan perfectly blends the natural environment with exceptional hospitality. The hotel is a masterpiece of design, harmoniously integrating refined oriental aesthetics with modern architecture. Each of the 381 guest rooms offers spacious comfort and private balconies to admire the varying seasonal landscapes of Niushou Mountain. The hotel’s serene atmosphere, inspired by traditional Chinese study and tea rooms, promises guests a tranquil and enriching stay. Featuring an energizing reception lobby, a 1,350-square-meter pillarless banquet hall, an expansive indoor kids’ club, and diverse dining options, the hotel offers not only comprehensive amenities but a dynamic stay that unlocks the best of the scenic destination.
Continued Investment Fueling Growth and Breakthroughs in Greater China
- New Openings: In 2023, Hilton introduced distinct properties in key urban and sought-after destinations for both business and leisure travelers. Standouts include the Conrad Shenzhen in Qianhai's Central Business District, Hilton Zhuhai with breathtaking views of Macau Bay, Hilton Garden Inn Shanghai Lujiazui in the bustling financial hub, and DoubleTree by Hilton in Zhuhai Hengqin, strategically situated at the heart of the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macau Greater Bay Area. For a more relaxing experience, The Mermoon Resort Hainan Tufu Bay, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, offers a unique, thematic stay, while Hilton Huzhou Nanxun, Hilton’s first in the city, emerges as a prime spot for leisure and conferences in the Jiangsu, Zhejiang, and Shanghai region.
- Brand Expansion: Hilton’s luxury brands Waldorf Astoria and Conrad Hotels & Resorts continued to experience significant growth with new openings in major cities such as Shanghai, Hangzhou, Suzhou, and Haikou. The recent unveilings of Yuexiu Hotel Guangzhou and Humble House Taipei, both under the Curio Collection by Hilton, as well as the newly-signed Canopy by Hilton Shanghai Belfry Plaza, mark the debuts of Hilton’s lifestyle brands in these cities. The latest introduction of two new brands—Motto by Hilton in Hong Kong, an urban lifestyle brand, and Signia by Hilton in Chengdu, a premier full-service brand—further broadens and diversifies the company’s brand portfolio in the region.
- Agile Operating Model: Hilton’s growth in China has been driven by a mix of operating models ranging from managed, franchised, and Master License Agreements, significantly expanding the reach of Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton by Hilton, and Home2 Suites by Hilton. Over 60 Hilton Garden Inn hotels are strategically located along high-speed railway routes in key cities, embracing the latest designs to cater to evolving guest preferences. In nine years, Hampton by Hilton has established over 320 hotels in China, hosting more than 30 million guests. Meanwhile, Home2 Suites by Hilton, introduced to China just three years ago, has already opened over 40 properties, leading the way in travel + living. The franchise model, proven successful with Hilton Garden Inn, is now being extended to full-service brand DoubleTree by Hilton.
- Stellar Performance: Hilton Honors’ membership base has increased by over 56% year-on-year in China, with a notable rise in member stays. Hilton has expanded its reach by collaborating with key players like the online travel platform Fliggy, featuring both popular domestic tourist destinations and international hotels. Launched in 2022, Hilton’s global marketing platform ‘Hilton. For The Stay’ continues into 2023 in China with a fresh, localized marketing campaign, further amplifying Hilton’s visibility on digital and social media in China’s metropolitan hubs, highlighting the importance of the stay and being truly cared for in the overall travel experience. The company keeps a close eye on travel trends that resonate with Chinese travelers, particularly through experiences that celebrate China’s cultural heritage. Nearly 130 hotels across more than 20 provinces have engaged in an intangible cultural heritage campaign, weaving cultural elements into the fabric of guest experiences.
“Travel with Purpose”: Hilton’s Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy to create positive environmental and social impact.
Guided by its “Travel with Purpose” ESG strategy, Hilton continues to reinforce its commitments across its operations, supply chain and communities in China.
- Reducing plastic use: As of November 2023, all managed hotels in China have transitioned to full-sized bath amenities; and Digital Key is now available across over 120 hotels.
- Promoting eco-friendly travel through EV chargers: Hilton has installed over 1,000 electric vehicle chargers at over 140 hotels as of November 2023.
- Creating an engine of opportunity for our Team Members and our neighbors: Hilton’s dedication to social impact is reflected in numerous volunteer activities centered on environmental protection, charity donation, and career development. In 2023, Hilton’s hotels across China contributed to local communities with over 700 volunteer activities.
"Best Workplaces in Greater China" for Nine Consecutive years, granted the honor of “The Legend” for strong workplace culture.
Hilton has continued to build its strong culture through an unwavering focus on creating a workplace that is inclusive and diversified, is driven by purpose, and provides the kind of support that empowers its 35,000 Team Members in the Greater China region.
- By 2023, Hilton has been named “Best Workplace in Greater China” for nine consecutive years by Great Place to Work®, and as “Best Workplace for Women in Greater China” for four years. With a focus on diversity and inclusion, the company has facilitated career opportunities for local talents, leading to over 94% of its hotel general managers in China being Chinese as of November 2023. The Greater China region also prides itself on having more than 27% female general managers and over 2% Team Members with disabilities.
- As the first international hotel group in China to adopt the “GIG” model, Hilton has introduced flexible employment across over 70 cities, completing more than 60,000 shifts. This innovative approach offers flexible job opportunities, boosts operational efficiency, and connects the hotels with the local communities.
Hilton is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 22 world-class brands comprising more than 7,500 properties and nearly 1.2 million rooms, in 126 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its founding vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, Hilton has welcomed over 3 billion guests in its more than 100-year history, was named the No. 1 World’s Best Workplace by Great Place to Work and Fortune and has been recognized as a global leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices for seven consecutive years. Hilton has introduced industry-leading technology enhancements to improve the guest experience, including Digital Key Share, automated complimentary room upgrades and the ability to book confirmed connecting rooms. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, the more than 180 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can't buy. With the free Hilton Honors app, guests can book their stay, select their room, check in, unlock their door with a Digital Key and check out, all from their smartphone. Visit stories.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.