MCLEAN, VA - Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc. ("Hilton" or the "Company") (NYSE: HLT) today reported its second quarter 2022 results. Highlights include:
- Diluted EPS was $1.32 for the second quarter, and diluted EPS, adjusted for special items, was $1.29
- Net income was $367 million for the second quarter, exceeding the high end of guidance
- Adjusted EBITDA was $679 million for the second quarter, exceeding the high end of guidance
- System-wide comparable RevPAR increased 54.3 percent, on a currency neutral basis, for the second quarter compared to the same period in 2021
- System-wide comparable RevPAR was down 2.1 percent, on a currency neutral basis, for the second quarter compared to the same period in 2019
- Approved 23,400 new rooms for development during the second quarter, bringing Hilton's development pipeline to 413,000 rooms as of June 30, 2022
- Added 14,400 rooms to Hilton's system in the second quarter, contributing to 13,300 net additional rooms in Hilton's system during the period
- Repurchased 3.6 million shares of Hilton common stock during the second quarter, bringing total capital return, including dividends, to $521 million for the quarter and $812 million year to date through July
- Full year 2022 system-wide comparable RevPAR is expected to increase between 37.0 percent and 43.0 percent, on a currency neutral basis, compared to 2021; full year net income is projected to be between $1,146 million and $1,216 million; full year Adjusted EBITDA is projected to be between $2,400 million and $2,500 million
- Full year 2022 capital return is projected to be between $1.5 billion and $1.9 billion
Click here to view the full report.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of world-class brands comprising more than 7,200 properties and more than 1.1 million rooms, in 122 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its founding vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, Hilton has welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its more than 100-year history, earned a top spot on Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For list and been recognized as a global leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices for six consecutive years. Hilton has introduced several industry-leading technology enhancements to improve the guest experience, including Digital Key Share, automated complimentary room upgrades and the ability to book confirmed connecting rooms. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, the more than 158 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can't buy. With the free Hilton Honors app, guests can book their stay, select their room, check in, unlock their door with a Digital Key and check out, all from their smartphone. Visit stories.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.