Hilton joins those around the world in shock and disbelief at the tragic events unfolding in Ukraine. Our hotels have always been part of the fabric of our communities that we serve, and we take seriously our promise to positively impact the places where we live and work. In addition to the steps we have already taken to protect our Team Members and guests, we are taking the following further actions in response to the current crisis:
- We are donating up to 1 million room nights to support Ukrainian refugees and humanitarian relief efforts across Europe, in partnership with American Express, #HospitalityHelps, and our community of owners.
- We have closed our corporate office in Moscow and will ensure continued work and pay for any impacted Team Members.
- We are suspending all new development activity in Russia.
- We will donate any Hilton profits from business operations in Russia to the humanitarian relief efforts for Ukraine.
- And as previously announced, the Hilton Effect Foundation has contributed $50,000 to World Central Kitchen and Project Hope to further assist with humanitarian aid.
Hilton continues to monitor the situation as it evolves. We are keeping our Team Members and all those impacted by these events in our thoughts and hope for a peaceful resolution to this crisis.
Hilton is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 22 world-class brands comprising more than 7,500 properties and nearly 1.2 million rooms, in 126 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its founding vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, Hilton has welcomed over 3 billion guests in its more than 100-year history, was named the No. 1 World’s Best Workplace by Great Place to Work and Fortune and has been recognized as a global leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices for seven consecutive years. Hilton has introduced industry-leading technology enhancements to improve the guest experience, including Digital Key Share, automated complimentary room upgrades and the ability to book confirmed connecting rooms. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, the more than 180 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can't buy. With the free Hilton Honors app, guests can book their stay, select their room, check in, unlock their door with a Digital Key and check out, all from their smartphone. Visit stories.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.